Saturday, October 22, 2005

The Day I Went For The First Cultural Night Rehearsal

It was a tiring, tiring day. Thankfully, it wasn't a lousy one.

Met Meifeng, Aileen and Shiy Yun for breakfast at the Macs at Bishan Bus Interchange before heading off to Aileens house to do our project work. It was productive, and we managed to get some things done at least. They'll be coming over tomorrow to my place to continue from where we left off. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. ;)

After PW, it was off to Little India for my first Temasek Youth Camp (TYC) Cultural Night rehearsal. The camp is organised by Temasek Holdings, and it involves the interaction between youth leaders in Singapore and delegates from the ASEAN countries (plus the non-ASEAN ones, China and UK). The Cultural Night is the main event of the whole TYC. Let's call it CN in short.

So anyways, I met up with my CN mates at the Little India station, waited for about an hour till everybody arrived, then we set off toward our destination. We reached a rather cramped two-storey shophouse that smelled like mothballs. That was when I found out that the whole wayang thing was cancelled, and it was being replaced with a chinse-malay-indian dance item.

Wow.

But nevermind that. The instructors were nice. And I had a great time learning and bonding with my not-so-new-but-relatively-new mates.

After the whole thing, I went to Orchard with a couple of them, and we window-shopped at Heerens.

I'm sooooo in love with the NewUrbanMale.com Dragonboater sweater!!!
Can somebody please buy it for me? *gives Bambi eyes*

Went to the Novena after that and got home. Nothing much happened up till now.



The Yet Un-Named Story, Chapter 2

Tessa was drenched. No doubt, it was the monsoon season, and there was a tendency for it to rain out of the blue. But she was caught unawares nonetheless. Soaked and shivering, she trudged her way through Orchard Road. It was 2pm in the afternoon, but the the rain was so heavy, the streets were almost empty.

She had just stepped out of the cab when it started to drizzle. Sure, the sky was dark, but it didn't look like it was gonna pour immediately. So she walked on slowly after paying her $6.30. A bright flash illuminated the darkness, and a low grumble of thunder ensued. It was right then that the raindrops became bigger and deadlier.

Ouch.

She looked like a ghost, gliding through the blur stretch of bright shopping malls and business towers. Initially, she wanted to get something from Takashimaya, but it was impossible in her current state. She'd freeze to death in the air-conditioning. Not like I'm not frezzing my ass off in this hell already. Tessa was mentally prepared to fall ill. She wasn't exactly She-Hulk walking through the Niagara.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In a distance, a young man, not much older than Tessa, was holding an umbrella in the rain. He had been waiting in that spot for close to three hours, but the person he had been waiting for wasn't there yet; He was beginning to think that he'd been fooled. The bottom of him long khakis were moist from the rain splatter. Damn her. From the corner of his eye, he saw a faint silhouette of a young woman, obviously wet in this kind of weather. Upon closer inspection, it wasn't who he was waiting for. But looked like she could use some shelter.

Taking a few steps toward, he approached the girl. "Hey, come under my umbrella. You'll fall sick like this."


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tessa was approached by some guy with an umbrella. My guardian angel maybe? Heh, she thought. But he is cute. "Thanks. I'm really wet." She her face warming up, and realised that blood had rushed to her face; She was blushing. "I mean, I'm Tessa."

The guy smiled and replied, "Hello to you Tessa. I'm Blake."

No comments:

Post a Comment