Friday, November 04, 2005

The Day I Talk About Gym Etiquette

Let's get down to serious business. I was at the Bishan gym this afternoon to lift some weights and I met with some of the most impolite gym-users I've met so far in my course of gym visitation. After doing some weights for my triceps, biceps and shoulders, I proceeded to the assited bench press for my chest exercises.

The guy there had been using it for about the past 15 minutes (the limit for each user is 20 minutes per machine), so I asked in my most courteous tone if I could share the machine with him while he was taking a break stretching by the side of the machine. He just looked at me, grunting a really muffled "another two more sets" and he continued to do his bench presses. At this point, I was just slightly annoyed with his attitude. But he was gone soon enough. Thank God.

Just as I ws doing my first set of presses, these two really large beefcakes came over and asked me if we could share. It was extremely bad timing I tell you. I was doing 30kg, so it was quite an arduous task for me to respond and hold my weights at the same time. The bloody weight fell onto my neck and crushed my windpipe, and blood gushed all over the place. I died instantly.

KIDDING.

It might as well have happened that way; It almost did, anyway. So after one set, I decided to let the two Mr Beefcakes have their go on the machine. And that was the last time I did my bench presses. Those two practically hogged the machine from the moment I let them go on it. ASSWIPES. Grrrr.... Completely ungentlemanly. That's why I hate public gyms so much. They've only got one of each of every machine.

Maybe I should sign up with a club once I turn 18 next year. Hmmm.

Moral of the story? Don't ever be intimidated by beefcakes. That is, unless they threaten to kill you.







PS: Something fun here

Death, the second of The Endless, you are responsible for ending all lives and taking them to your realm, from which no one ever returns. You are bright, positive, happy, optimistic%2
Death, the second of The Endless, you are
responsible for ending all lives and taking
them to your realm, from which no one ever
returns. You are bright, positive, happy,
optimistic and enjoy everything about life, but
that does not mean your silly or stupid. You
can lay the smack down when you have to!
Everyone loves you, and they don't know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment