Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The Day I Talk About Class Politics

I once said that my class was the most peaceful and loving bunch of Hippies, but I'm afraid I'd have to eat my own words now.

Cos it's not.

There's bitching and gossip and rumours about so and so and whatnot. Hell, even I got involved in a high-profile "bitch-fight". But that's long over so let's not dwell on that. What I'm trying to say is, hating and beating-the-crap-out-of-each-other-even-though-not-literally-cos-you're-doing-it-behind-each-other's-backs is not healthy.

If there are any disagreements or anything that you feel that you're uncomfortable with, why don't you just talk it out like sensible adults?

Class politics can be prevented. Just find the person you have beef with, sit down (or you could stand up), and talk it out. It's not easy, I know, but it's the better of two alternatives. Nobody likes conflicts. Nobody likes awkward moments. Why make our own lives in school more miserable than it already is?

Make love, not war. Like the old Chinese saying goes, it's "always better to have a friend than to have one more enemy". Isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment