Wednesday, June 07, 2006

The Day I Got A Haircut From Some Faraway Place

I got a new haircut!
Will post a pic soon (when I get my damned webcam up and working again).

Woke up bright and early today to meet Errol for breakfast at his area, at the faraway east-side of the island called Marine Parade, cos he was bringing me to his salon for my haircut. Funny thing is, I stay in Serangoon. I know, you think I'm nuts. Then again, we all do stupid stuff for the sake of beauty la. It was a really long bus ride.

After breakfast at Burger King, we walked around Parkway Parade in search of his "neccesities", which included male facial wash and a pair of new earphones (his dog chewed up his earphones last night, or so he says.)

We couldn't find the facial wash, but we did manage to get the earphones after spending a loooooong time at Best Denki.

THEN, he finally brought me to the place to get my haircut.
The salon's at this old building behind Roxy Hotel (some Hotel 81-ish hotel opposite Parkway Parade. At least that's how it came off to me when I saw it). It's really OLD. Think Paradiz Centre or Peace Centre at Dhoby Ghaut and you'd get a rough idea of how it looks like.

So there we were, rotting our asses off waiting at the salon cos the hair director was busy perming some old hag's frizz. And we talked and talked and talked and talked and talked and... You get the idea.

When it finally came to my turn, the director aka Jonathan, snipped here and there and voila! My haircut was done. Really professional... Haha. Then I had my hair washed. And the best thing is, it only cost me $14! Compared to the $33 cut at It's Hairy! and a $25 cut at Roy's (both salons are located at Far East Plaza), this was definitely the most value-for-money.

I'm so glad that I have friends who are willing to share good stuff. That's what friends are for innit? Heh...

[*edit] And thanks to Meifeng and Tammi for always being there for me, including introducing me to Tom Yum. Hahahahahahaha. And yes, you too, Jiapei. ;) [*edit*]

No comments:

Post a Comment