Saturday, November 18, 2006

The Day I Introduce "Kor Lak"

I'm sure many of you like desserts, especially ones with lots of coconut milk. So today,I'll be introducing my favourite Indonesian dessert, Kor Lak. It's basically tapioca with coconut milk and gula melaka. In my own recipe, I added sweet potatoes and bananas to give it a richer and a slightly tangy flavour.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

You'll need:
- Water (1L, about 5 cups)
- Freshly grated coconut (600g)
- Gula Melaka (3 cubes)
- Tapioca (1 root, cut into cubes)
- Sweet Potatoes (400g, cut into cubes)
- Banana (300g, cut into cubes)

You should:
(1) Steam the tapioca and sweet potatoes for about 5 minutes.

(2) Make coconut milk from the grated coconut by putting the grated coconut into a filtering bag and add water.

(3) Boil the coconut milk.

(4) Add gula melaka after coconut milk boils.

(5) Add steamed tapioca, sweet potatoes and banana cubes.

And voila, you've got your sweet dessert. If you want your kor lak to be sweeter, just add in more gula melaka. Can be served chilled or warm.

Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment