Monday, February 14, 2011

Truth


As we grow older, we develop a greater propensity for lies and deceit. Sometimes, we lie so much that we don't even know where the truths end and where the lies begin. The blurring of fact from fiction is so powerful that even the best men and women can't tell the difference. Why has honesty become so cheap? Is it really easier to live with the burden of a lie than to come clean with the truth?

I'm still looking for an answer to that.

It is true that sometimes it's easier to lie about how we feel to get the reaction we want - some people call it white lies, I call it bullshit. Somehow, it's easier to dole and receive bullshit because we've become so caught up with our lives and accustomed to fulfilling our selfish need to satisfy our "me me me!" To sit down and examine the truth seems so far-out. Lying is the easy way out, but not necessarily the right way.

I've still yet to come to terms with how I've dealt with certain situations in my life, but I know that lying is definitely not the be all and end all of it. I know, but I still do it anyway because it's always convenient to blame it on my human nature instead of having to deal with the reality of circumstance.

In fact, the hardest thing anybody could do is to be honest, to express how they really feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment