Friday, January 20, 2006

The Day I Caught Memoirs Of A Geisha

Memoirs of a Geisha was a wonderful movie. The screenplay was pretty good, keeping the essence of the novel. The director was awesome. I just loved his Chicago. The little Japanese girl Ohgo Suzuka stole my heart with her amazing performance as the young Sayuki and Gong Li did an amazingly good job as the bitch geisha Hatsumomo. Michelle Yeoh looked pretty old for the role of "most popular Geisha" Mameha but she was very convincing nonetheless. Ken Watanabe. What can I say about him? He's Japan's best actor around!

Now, Zhang Ziyi (or Ziyi Zhang, as she likes to be known nowadays). She's got a long way to go in terms of acting. Her expressions were good, but not convincing enough. Blah. I'm just nit-picky.

It's off to Chingay (sounds like a Singaporean take on Mardi Gras innit? Chingay? Heh heh...) rehearsals again tomorrow morning. *sigh* Gotta go. Cya...

No comments:

Post a Comment