Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Day Someone From The Past Came Back

"I know what I did was shit," you said.

You let go
Without a reason and a trace
Of love or hope
I used to see in your eyes

But the darkness lifted
The first light broke through
And I started to pick up the pieces
I thought I could never find
Again

I closed the open flesh
I dabbed at the fresh blood
I buried the love
I thought I was safe
Again

But once more I was ambushed
In my own home
And the wound reopened
And the blood flowed
And the heart stopped hiding

Again


I don't know why there wasn't a proper closure to that chapter. I don't know why you came back out of the blue, or how you came back to the place where I've closed you out from. I don't know if I should indulge in this feeling of hopeless hope, if I should hang on to this loveless love that I thought was gone for good.

Most of all, I don't know if love is enough.


Should I give up
Or should I just keep chasing pavements
Even if it leads nowhere,
Or would it be a waste
Even if I knew my place
Should I leave it there

~ Chasing Pavements by Adele ~

No comments:

Post a Comment