Monday, March 27, 2006

The Day I Talk About Differences

A message I received in my e-mail not long ago. and I feel like I should share it here.

The Letter

To the future:

The most prominent issue in my life is homosexuality. I'm gay. Yeah, call me a fag, throw insults at me, I don't really care. The truth is, you don't understand. You don't know who I am, and you don't know what it means to me.

You can't tell me I made this decision, and you can't tell me that God hates me. I'm not listening to that anymore. I'm done with the guilt and I'm done with the questioning. Please. End your hatred and edn this suffering. Love is love, be it friendship, familial love, true love or puppy love. And love between humans is simply that - person to person. It has been said thatlove is blind, and it is blind to gender as well.

So open your minds and your hearts. End the hatred, the violence, thesuicide adn the misinformation. Do you realise that 30% of suicides among adolescents are by teens who are queer? This is deeply upsetting, nto to mention disproportionate, considering that onli 10% of the population is GLBT. Ignorance is not bliss, and hatred is not something to be admired.

Rejoice in our similarities and rejoice in our differences. Let no more tragedies take place. The Bible says "Love casteth out fear". DOn't be afraid of me.The Bible says "Love thy neighbour". I'm here, this is out planet;

Love Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment