Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Day of Rants & Musings (I'm Stuck In Camp, I Can't Help It)

And once again, the time has come for me to be on duty again this weekend. And by weekend, I mean the entire weekend (Saturday and Sunday back to back. Woohooo!) Oh joy. I've got alot of things on my mind, so this is going to be a very random, rapid piece of rant, rant and more rant.

1. From A to B to C to...
I've been serial dating for quite awhile and I think I should stop. It's not healthy (emotionally, at least) and it'd probably be good for me to take a break.

2. Room Dilemma
Ok, so here's the deal. My place is not ready yet, but it will be soon. And I'm torn between making my entire room Japanese-style and getting myself a tatami bed or simply buying a normal queen-sized mattress and doing up the room "love shack" style (red & black walls and all). Need suggestions.

3. Love In Dis Club
I HAVEN'T GONE CLUBBING IN 2 MONTHS.
I neeeeeed to (as Mariah puts it) shake it off.

4. Sarah Palin IS NOT Hilary Clinton
I may not be American, but I have been following the run-up to the US elections quite religiously, and I'm sick and tired of hearing people saying that Sarah Palin is like Hilary Clinton. Obvious differences aside (Palin's Republican, Clinton's a Democrat), Palin is the complete opposite of Clinton. She's an anti-choice feminist who's pro-abstinence and marriage (yeah and her *cough*pregnant*cough* 17-year-old daughter is what?), in favour of drilling in the Artic, doesn't believe in teaching evolution and is against gay marriage. Plus she hunts (as in shoots animals) and is in favour of the extension of the Iraq occupation by US troops. Basically, her political stance is no different from McCain.

Which is why I think it's a huge joke that the Republicans have resorted to pulling the gender card. Do they seriously think that American women the Hilary-supporters are so stupid that they'd vote based on gender alone? That's really quite patronizing and tokenizing. And sexist.

5. End-of-year Holidays!
Hmmm. Who wants to go to Hong Kong and/or LA with me? Probably going in early November or late December.

6. Performing Live
I really really reaaaally miss performing. The glare of the stage lights, being able to share my voice with other people, the adrenaline rush of being on stage, the post-performance applause... Everything about it. Ah well, I'm probably doing a gig soon. Keep your fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment