Monday, August 27, 2007

The Day I Talk About Saying Grace

I'm on leave today and tomorrow! No I didn't choose to take leave; We were all forced to, or should I say, we weren't given a choice. Ah well, that's the army for you.

What I did while on leave today:
- Helped Mum out at the office with her e-mails
- Caught hairspray with Andrew D
- Bought sh*t-loads of comics

Onto my topic for the day:

I remember very vividly my first childhood mealtime prayer, which goes like this (with a rhythmic harmony) "Thank You for the world so sweet, oh hum, thank you for the food we eat, yum yum, thank You for the birds that sing-a-ling-a-ling, Thank You Lord for everything! Amen!"

It was such a cute kindergarten mealtime Grace.

Just had dinner at home with my 'rents and as usual, we said grace. Maybe it's because my mind is usually elsewhere when we say grace, but it was my first time actually taking note of what Mum said. "Thank You God for giving us these food. Please bless the food that we are about to eat and the people who have prepared this meal. Amen."

"...and the people who have prepared this meal" means herself! And herself only! I wanted to burst out laughing so badly.

I didn't, of course. I'm a good son.

No comments:

Post a Comment